A Large Iceberg Broke from the Gray Glacier near Chile
A large iceberg broke from the Gray glacier in southern Chile, Reuters reported, citing local offices.
The reason for breaking of the glacier is unknown, informs 24chasa. From the National Forest Corporation (CONAF) to the Chilean Ministry of Agriculture, they shared in social media a photo of the huge blue-white ice block 350 meters in length and 380 meters in width lying in the waters of the ice lagoon near the southern tip of the South America.
Gray glacier is on the Terres del Paine National Park - a leading tourist attraction in Chile, famous for its remarkable mountain views and visited by more than 115,000 people a year. The park reports that such tears are rare and have not happened since the 1990s.
- » Windy Today with Rain Showers and Thunder in East Bulgaria
- » Heat Wave Turns Deadly in Japan Following Historic Flooding
- » Rainfall is Expected in Almost All of Bulgaria
- » The Cleanest and the Dirtiest Beaches on the Black Sea Coast
- » The New Week in Bulgaria Begins with Sun, after that there will be Rain in some Places
- » Massive Iceberg Threatens Greenland Village as Residents are Evacuated