INCREASE IN STATE SUBSIDIES FOR CULTURE DEMANDED
Politics | September 9, 2001, Sunday // 00:00
Culture Minister Bozhidar Abrashev will demand 3% for culture from the state budget for 2002 in order to get at least half. Deputy Culture Minister Roumen Dimitrov said that the current state subsidy of 0.46% is too small and insufficient for the culture sector. `Getting at least 1% or 1.20% from the budget will be a great success,` Dimitrov said. The Deputy Culture Minister also said that the average pay to artists should not be lower than that of the teachers. `The Culture Ministry officials will meet Bulgarian artists on September 12 to introduce to them the new team of the ministry`, Deputy Culture Minister Roumen Dimitrov said. Currently, the ministry representatives have meetings with cultural institutes, artists` societies and guilds to evaluate the heritage from the previous ministry.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov: We are Witnessing Attacks against the Parliamentary Republic
- » Ninova on the events in the Bulgarian Parliament: Genders against Fascists
- » Radev: I don't expect the Kiss between Borissov and Petkov to give Birth to anything other than Disgust
- » Bulgaria: Insecure Pro-Russian MPs Spat, Yelled and tried to Fight in Parliament
- » Borissov: Denkov and Mariya Gabriel are Close to Making a Decision
- » Defense Minister: There is No Request to Increase the Bulgarian Contingent in Kosovo