Terrorist Attack in Melbourne was Prevented
The Australian authorities detained a man in Melbourne on suspicion of planning a terrorist attack. Officials say the detained 20-year-old man was preparing mass shooting with automatic firearms on New Year's Eve, Nova TV reported.
If he is found guilty of preparing a terrorist attack, he may be sentenced to life imprisonment. In 2014, the Australian authorities raised the threat of terrorism.
"The charges against him are that he planned to commit a terrorist attack and tried to get a weapon. He intended to use a firearm and kill as much as possible at Federative Square during New Year's Eve, "said Victoria Deputy Chief of Police, Shane Patton.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Letter Bomb in the Embassy of Ukraine in Madrid
- » The Netherlands could Lose a Frontex Leadership Position if it Blocks Bulgaria for Schengen
- » From tomorrow: Croatians will be able to Buy their first own Euro Coins
- » Von der Leyen slipped up: Ukraine has given over 100,000 Casualties
- » Former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin dies at 96
- » Day 280 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Pentagon denies Patriot systems to Kyiv