Terrorist Attack in Melbourne was Prevented
The Australian authorities detained a man in Melbourne on suspicion of planning a terrorist attack. Officials say the detained 20-year-old man was preparing mass shooting with automatic firearms on New Year's Eve, Nova TV reported.
If he is found guilty of preparing a terrorist attack, he may be sentenced to life imprisonment. In 2014, the Australian authorities raised the threat of terrorism.
"The charges against him are that he planned to commit a terrorist attack and tried to get a weapon. He intended to use a firearm and kill as much as possible at Federative Square during New Year's Eve, "said Victoria Deputy Chief of Police, Shane Patton.
- » 14 Killed In Suicide Attack At Kabul Airport As Vice President Arrives
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » South Korean Court Sentences President Park to Another Eight Years in Jail
- » Scientists just Found £150,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of Diamonds in the Ground
- » France Closes in on Phone Ban in Schools from September
- » New Technology Allows Ground Telescope to Take Sharper Images Than Hubble