Bulgaria's Basketball Players took First Victory in the Qualifications for World Cup `19
Bulgaria's national basketball team won its first match in the qualifying tournament for the World Cup in China in 2019. Late last night, Lyubomir Minchev's selection came as a guest against Iceland with 77:74 in a F-group match played in Reykjavik.
Captain Pavel Marinov was the most successful for Bulgaria with 18 points and Alexander Yanev and Chavdar Kostov added 16 and 13 points respectively. Two more - Stanimir Marinov (12) and the star Alexander Vezenkov (10) contributed with two-digit assets.
After this success the team has 1 win and 1 loss and ranks second in the standings. Leader is the Czech Republic with two victories in two games. Our next matches are February 22 and 25, respectively, against the Czech Republic and a visit to Finland.
- » Bulgaria Join Medal Table on Junior Swimming Championships 2019
- » Ivet Lalova with a Second Gold Medal in the Super League of Turkey's Athletics Club
- » The "Golden Girls" of Bulgaria with Gold Medals from the World Challenge Cup
- » China Wins Women's Doubles at ITTF World Tour in Bulgaria
- » Brazil, Bulgaria Win First Matches at Men's Volleyball Olympic Qualification in Varna
- » Changes in Traffic Around National Stadium Due to CSKA - Zorya Luhansk match