Yellow and Orange Code for Dangerous Weather in 24 Districts in Bulgaria
In 24 districts in the country, a yellow or orange code is declared for a dangerous weather. The warning code is orange for five districts in Northern Bulgaria and yellow for others 19. Because of the snowfall the roads and especially the high mountain passes are risky, reported BNT.
During the night many segments were frozen. The movement of TIR trucks over 12 tons was restored on the Trakia highway in the direction of Sofia. The Road Infrastructure Agency calls for careful driving and mandatory winter tires.
The snow cover in Pamporovo and Prevala passes up to 15 cm. Another critical point because of the snowfall is the Petrohan Pass.
During the day the rainfall will weaken, after lunch in most places will stop, at the latest in the northeastern regions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and cold with max. temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for strong wind is in force for 27 districts in the country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Max. Temperatures between 3°C and 8°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Lowest Temp. in the Country was Measured in Kyustendil -10 °C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max. Temperatures between Minus 1°C and 4°C