New Earthquake in Iran, Dozens were Injured
An earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale in Iran. 36 people have been injured in the western province of Lorraine, local media reported.
The depth of the quake was 10 kilometers. A Lorraine disaster management official said most of the injuries occurred when people rushed to leave their homes. He said most of the injured were released after medical assistance, but two remain in hospital.
Earlier this month, an earthquake measuring 7.3 on the Richter hit the Iran-Iraqi border, killing 530 people and injuring over 9,000 people. Iran is located in an extremely seismic zone.
In 2003, an earthquake measuring 6.3 on the Richter scale destroyed the historic city of Bam, killing 26,000 people.
- » More Sun in West Bulgaria, Rain in some Eastern Areas
- » The Bulgarian Environment Ministry will Publish Programme for Improving Air Quality
- » Broken Clouds over most of the Country, Light Rain in East Bulgaria
- » Light Rain can be Expected in East Bulgaria in the Afternoon, Highs between 20° and 25°C
- » Water Levels are Critically Low Along the Danube, Ships Run Aground
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Temperatures up to 20-25°C