Russia will Reduce its Military Presence in Syria by the End of the Year
The Russian Army plans to reduce its presence in Syria by the end of this year because its targets on the ground will soon be achieved, the head of the Army Chief of Staff told journalists yesterday, the France press reported.
"Of course, a decision will be taken by the Supreme Commander to reduce the group," said General Valeriy Gerasimov in response to a question whether Russia is considering reducing its military presence in Syria by the end of the year.
Moscow joined the Syrian military conflict in September 2015 with air strikes in support of President Bashar Assad's forces, tilting the balance in his favor.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US Mortality Data Indicates COVID-19 Death Toll Nearly Double
- » Second Truce Attempt in Nagorno-Karabakh Failed as Fighting Continues
- » COVID-19: Ireland Will Impose Lockdown
- » Head of IMF Georgieva - Bulgaria Could Do More Against COVID-19 and Economic Crisis
- » Rodrigo da Costa Is New Executive Director of the European GNSS Agency
- » COVID-19: Italy Imposes New Restrictions