Two Children Die in a Fire in a Caravan in the Village of Shuma
Two children - a 1 year old boy and a two year old girl - died last night (21st of November) in a fire in the caravan in which they lived in the village of Shuma near Godech, West Bulgaria. The children were alone. The parents were nearby, but they did not manage to help. The parents were detained.
Definitely the cause of the fire in the caravan is not a burst of gas bottle. Most likely, the fire started from a solid fuel stove and this may be the cause of the tragic incident. The family are young people, one parent is from Yambol and the other from Plovdiv.
They arrived in the village of Shuma a month ago and moved in to live in the caravan. They were hired by the owner 20-30 cows to look after them. On the night of 21st of November, at 20:30, a fire broke out. At that time both the mother and the father were about 50 meters from the fire. The father tried to get inside, but he could not save the children. The man also has severe burn injuries. The case is being investigated.
Source: The Bulgarian National Television
- » Italy Flash Flood Kills at Least 11 Hikers in Tourist Spot as Rescuers Search Gorge for Survivors
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Services Teams have Found Two Missing Women
- » The Body of One of Two Kids who Disappeared into the Sea near Varna was Recovered
- » 22 Children Dead in Nile Boat Accident
- » Bus Crash in Ecuador Kills 24 People, Injures 19
- » Huge Motorway Bridge Collapses in Italy 'Killing at Least 10' (Video)