Spain Placed Migrants in Jail
Human rights organizations have warned that nearly 500 migrants, mostly from Algeria, were placed in a newly-formed prison in Spain, AFP reports.
According to data from the authorities in Madrid, since last Thursday, 1000 people have "attacked" the Spanish coast with boats across the Mediterranean Sea. Half of them were intercepted by the security guards near Murcia, and then taken to a new prison near Malaga, which has not yet been put into operation.
The Spanish government has reported that migrant centers are overcrowded. Interior Minister Juan Ignacio Zoydo said it was better to keep people in sanitary facilities, showers, hot water and beds than in tent camps.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 87 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia declares Full Control of Mariupol, Gas Cut to Finland, Zelensky sees a Diplomatic End
- » Russia claims to have taken Full Control of Azovstal
- » Bomb Threats in 134 Schools in Serbia
- » Day 86 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky compares Situation in Donbas with "Real Hell", 1,700 Azovstal Troops Surrendered
- » UN: The War can lead to the Poverty of 90% of Ukrainians
- » Belarus Bans Orwell's 1984