Archaeologists Find Ancient Thracian Fortress near Bulgaria’s Burgas Bulldozed by Treasure Hunter
An Ancient Thracian fortress from the Late Hellenistic Period (2th-1st century BC) has been discovered by archaeologists near the town of Izvor, Burgas District, in Southeast Bulgaria, after the site had been damaged by a treasure hunter.
Learn more HERE!
*Content provided by ArchaeologyinBulgaria.com.
- » Significant Archaeological Discovery Found in Varna
- » Findings from the Struma Highway Enter the Exhibition "Bulgarian Archeology 2018"
- » BGN 10 Million Needed for Archaeological Park in Blagoevgrad
- » Archaeological Visitor Centre will be Built in Perperikon
- » Egypt Unveils More than 40 Ancient Mummies
- » Archaeological Research for Allegedly the Oldest Necropolis in the Balkans will not Start this Year