Archaeologists Find Ancient Thracian Fortress near Bulgaria’s Burgas Bulldozed by Treasure Hunter
An Ancient Thracian fortress from the Late Hellenistic Period (2th-1st century BC) has been discovered by archaeologists near the town of Izvor, Burgas District, in Southeast Bulgaria, after the site had been damaged by a treasure hunter.
Learn more HERE!
*Content provided by ArchaeologyinBulgaria.com.
- » Archaeological Finds Discovered During EVN's Excavation Activities
- » 3400-Year-Old Palace Was Discovered in Northern Iraq
- » Bulgaria Returns to Turkey Valuable Artifacts
- » 7000 Years-Old Skeleton Was Found in the Sofia Neighborhood of Slatina
- » Emblematic Objects of Bulgarian History Arrive in Sofia State Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg
- » Archaeologists Discovered a 4500 Years Old Cemetery in Egypt