Archaeologists Find Ancient Thracian Fortress near Bulgaria’s Burgas Bulldozed by Treasure Hunter
An Ancient Thracian fortress from the Late Hellenistic Period (2th-1st century BC) has been discovered by archaeologists near the town of Izvor, Burgas District, in Southeast Bulgaria, after the site had been damaged by a treasure hunter.
Learn more HERE!
*Content provided by ArchaeologyinBulgaria.com.
- » Archaeologists Discovered a 4500 Years Old Cemetery in Egypt
- » More than 30,000 Antique Objects to Return to Bulgaria after Special Operation by Bulgarian and Spanish Authorities (Video)
- » Significant Archaeological Discovery Found in Varna
- » Findings from the Struma Highway Enter the Exhibition "Bulgarian Archeology 2018"
- » BGN 10 Million Needed for Archaeological Park in Blagoevgrad
- » Archaeological Visitor Centre will be Built in Perperikon