The Pentagon: The Taliban Control at Least a Third of Afghanistan
The Taliban are controlling not less than a third of Afghanistan, the Pentagon has admitted, reports sega.
In order to limit their financial resources, US aviation launched bombings against drug production workshops.
The blows were in the southern province of Helmand, where eight opium labs were destroyed. American estimates of poppy cultivation and drug production make the Taliban earn about USD 200 million a year.
A week ago, the UN warned that opium poppy fields had reached a record high of about 3.3 million decares.
- » Milky Way Still Bears the 10-billion-year-old Scars of a Galactic Collision
- » Scalped Dog Gets Second Chance in Volgograd (Video)
- » EU's Jean-Claude Juncker Filmed Stumbling at Nato Event (Video)
- » EU Steps up Humanitarian Aid in Somalia with €89.5 Million
- » Eurostat: EU Population up to Nearly 513 million on 1 January 2018
- » Thailand Cave Rescue: Museum and Film in the Works