Global Economic Competitiveness Index: Bulgaria Ranks 49th Out of 137 Countries
In this year's ranking of the Global Economic Competitiveness Index, Bulgaria ranks 49th out of 137 countries, thanks only to macroeconomic stability (this is our 25th position). From there on: According to the state of the institutions we are 98th, by level of infrastructure - 76th place, on the indicator "Health and primary education" - 68th place, as our previous ranking is 57th, according to the indicator "Higher Education and Continuing Education" - 54th place, which is also worse than the past ranking when we were 46th (at 46th last year).
There is a serious collapse of investment as a share of GDP - from 28.3% in 2007 to 18.6% in 2016, including: public investment fell from 5.2% to 2.8% , foreign direct investment - from 18.8% to 1.4%.
Growth is only the case with local private investment, which increased from 4.3% in 2007 to 14.4% in 2016.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Retail Chains will be Obliged to sell Bulgarian Foodstuffs
- » PM Borisov: Bulgarian Development Bank Management to be Dismissed
- » Dr. Boyko Takov, Executive Director BSMEPA: There is no Universal Economic Cure for all Companies
- » 53% Drop in Passengers at Sofia Airport
- » France is Expecting its Worst Recession Since World War II
- » The ViruSafe App Can Now be Downloaded for Free