US General Says He Would Resist 'Illegal' Trump Nuclear Strike Order
The top US nuclear commander said on Saturday that he would resist President Donald Trump if he ordered an “illegal” launch of nuclear weapons, according to the Guardian.
Air Force General John Hyten, commander of the US Strategic Command (Stratcom), told an audience at the Halifax international security forum in Nova Scotia, Canada that he had given a lot of thought to what he would say if he received such an order.
“I think some people think we’re stupid,” Hyten said in response to a question about such a scenario. “We’re not stupid people. We think about these things a lot. When you have this responsibility, how do you not think about it?“
- » Ursula von der Leyen: The European Union does not Want a Hard Brexit
- » China is the World's Largest Watermelon Producer
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Juncker Has Accepted the Resignation of the Secretary-General Martin Selmayr
- » Short Circuit Shuts Down Three Reactors of a Russian NPP
- » The Lower House of the US Congress Did Not Accept Trump's Proposal For Impeachment