Bulgaria’s Plovdiv to Buy Back Roman Forum of Ancient Philipopolis 15 Years after Selling It
The local authorities in the southern Bulgarian city of Plovdiv have struck a deal to buy back a property containing the southern part of the Ancient Roman Forum (main square) of the Antiquity city of Philipopolis, a property that was perplexing sold by Plovdiv Municipality to a private firm back in 2003.
Learn more HERE!
*Content provided by ArchaeologyinBulgaria.com.
- » Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari: Part of the UNESCO World Heritage List
- » Traces of Ancient Civilization were Found in the UK
- » Mexico Earthquake Leads to Discovery of Ancient Temple
- » A Massive, Black Sarcophagus Has Been Unearthed in Egypt, And Nobody Knows Who's Inside
- » Homer Odyssey: Oldest Extract Discovered on Clay Tablet
- » Boy, 11, finds ‘1,000 year old message’ Written in Runes on Pendant made of Mammoth Bone