Ibrahimovic Could Play at World Cup 2018
Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is considering the idea of returning to Sweden's national team, which eliminated Italy in the playoffs and qualifies for the World Cup in Russia next year, reports sportal.
The 36-year-old footballer is still recovering from a knee injury and is expected to return to the pitch at the end of the year, after which he will have enough time to get the optimal shape for the World Cup. RMC reports, referring to Swedes' relatives, who say that he is seriously considering the possibility to participate in another world championship.
It is not yet known how this idea will be accepted by fellow teammates who have fought for a place in Russia. Shortly after the qualifier, coach Jane Anderson refused to comment on the possible return of the superstar and stressed that there are great players currently playing and they provided Sweden with a ticket to the World Cup.
- » Bulgaria Pays Fine to Lift Weightlifting Doping Ban
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia