Elon Musk Showed his First Electric and Self-driving Truck
Tesla demonstrated its first electric truck with autopilot. This is was announced on Tesla's official site, reports sega.
"While ordinary trucks have a barn design, the Tesla truck is designed as a bullet," said Elon Mush about the new vehicle.
About the technical characteristics of the truck, Musk said it could travel 500 miles - over 800 kilometers on a single charge. This truck can deliver maximum load while moving at highest possible speed.
According to Musk, most of the lorries are traveling on a 250-mile-long route, so his truck will be able to get to the required point and return without additional charge. The truck has four independent engines - one on each rear wheel. It will be able to reach a speed of 60 kilometers in five seconds. The mass production of the truck will start in 2019.
As Bloomberg writes, the company has been working on the new vehicle for two years. Although the truck's battery is very expensive - a hundred thousand dollars, it is still a bargain because it saves the driver's salary and saves gasoline. Tesla plans to make trucks completely autonomous in 2020
- » EU Law Enforcement and Google Take on Terrorist Propaganda in Latest EUROPOL Referral Action Days
- » Indonesian Villagers Kill nearly 300 Crocodiles in Revenge Attack
- » Former UK Minister Calls for Second Vote on Brexit to End Stalemate
- » US Charges 29-year-old Russian Woman with Acting as Kremlin Agent
- » Communist-run Cuba Starts Rolling out Internet on Mobile Phones
- » Italy Accepted a Ship with Hundreds of Immigrants