Scotland Requested Changes to the British Law on Brexit
Scotland's first minister, Nicola Sturgeon, said the British government should make changes to its law on leaving the European Union before the Edinburgh government adopts it, Reuters reported.
The Scottish and Wales regional governments worry that the Brexit law will undermine their powers. They can not veto the law, but their disagreement would be embarrassing to British Prime Minister Theresa May's government, and may again rekindle Scotland's demands for independence.
After a meeting with May in London, Sturgeon expressed hope in the coming weeks to make progress on the situation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The President will Not Talk to "We Continue the Change" and BSP for a New Cabinet
- » Bulgaria: “We Continue the Change” will Start Negotiations for a New Cabinet
- » "Democratic Bulgaria" at the Presidential Consultations: It is Important to form a Cabinet with the First Term
- » “There Is Such a People” at the Presidential Consultations: We Ask you to Declassify the January Talks for North Macedonia
- » NATO: Bulgaria Increased Defense Spending by 7.49% compared to Last Year
- » DPS at the Presidential Consultations: We must Turn to the Voters again