Australians Voted "In Favour" for Same-sex Marriages
Australia voted in favor of legalization of same-sex marriage, with nearly 62% supporting the request for a change in law, Nova Television reported.
The results of the referendum led to thousands of people going out on the streets and celebrate, while politicians promised to vote for the changes. This was personally confirmed by Prime Minister Michael Turnbull, making commitment to implement a law by the end of the year.
This is a revolution in Australia, where laws against homosexuality were still in place by the end of the 1990s.
- » How much have the Loans and Deposits of Bulgarians increased Since the Beginning of the Year?
- » The Samples for Legionnaires’ Disease Taken from the Hotel Where the British Tourists Have Stayed Are Negative
- » Russian Humanoid Robot Fyodor's Spacecraft Failed to Dock at the ISS
- » Sunny and Hot Saturday
- » Sofia Residents Will Be Able to Track Information about Upcoming Disasters in the City via Their Phone
- » 9 Kilometers Long Car Queue at The Danube Bridge 2 Border Checkpoint