Van Gogh's Insane Asylum View Sells for $81.3 Million at Auction
A canvas by Vincent van Gogh fetched $81.3 million in an auction at Christie’s Monday.
Earlier during the Monday sale, Fernand Leger’s 1913 Cubist composition, “Contraste de formes,” fetched $70.1 million, an auction record for the French artist whose previous high was $39.2 million, according to Artnet. Prices include an auction house commission; estimates don’t.
- » OUTLIER FESTIVAL
- » Bulgarian Film 'Aga' Wins Top Prize at the Sarajevo Film Festival
- » ‘Rambo 5’ will Film in Bulgaria and the Spanish Canary Islands
- » Cinema, Culinary and Music Meet in Varna
- » Bulgaria's Famed All-female Folk Choir Back with a Modern Twist
- » 4-year-old Girl from Burgas will Play the Piano at "Carnegie Hall" and "Albert Hall" (Video)