UN: EU Cooperation with Libya to Stem Migrant Flow 'Inhuman'
The European Union's policy of helping the Libyan authorities intercept migrants in the Mediterranean and return them to "horrific" prisons in Libya is "inhuman", the United Nations said Tuesday.
"The suffering of migrants detained in Libya is an outrage to the conscience of humanity," the UN human rights chief Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein said in a statement, which blasted "the European Union's policy of assisting the Libyan Coast Guard to intercept and return migrants in the Mediterranean (as) inhuman."
- » North and South Korean Leaders Hold Surprise Meeting
- » Bulgaria could Allow Macedonia to Use its Embassies
- » Pompeo: Russia is Aggressively Trying to Strengthen its Positions in the Balkans
- » Boyko Borissov Invited Pope Francis to Visit Our Country
- » Police Found 6 Tons of Amphetamine at a Port in Varna, Bulgarian Seaside
- » Large Tree Fell on a Car on a Busy Street in Plovdiv