Enormous Scandal and Protests in Romania
Corruption scandal over public procurement for 21 million euros shook Romania's top levels of power, reports vesti.
He is also accused of ruling Social Democrat leader Liviu Dragnea. At the same time, thousands have once again stormed the streets of Bucharest and other big cities with demands for social justice and preservation of the anti-corruption model in the country.
Anticorruption Prosecutor's Office in our northern neighbor has launched an investigation against Dragnea on the alert of the European Anti-Fraud Office OLAF.
The accusation is that the Dragnea-controlled company Tel Drum has illegally won road construction contracts in 2001-2012 period. The state-owned company was first privatized by the 55-year-old politician and his associates through their intermediaries.
- » The Unusual Rainfalls in Bulgaria will Probably Continue until August 10th
- » Archaeologists have Discovered a Statue of God Osiris in an Ancient Egyptian Pyramid
- » Latvia Suffers from Unbearable Drought and Forest Fires
- » 20-ton Rock Crashed into a Building in Austria (Video)
- » More Rain: Warning About Rainfall in 21 Districts in Bulgaria
- » A Man in the UK has Poured Acid on a 3-year-old Child