Bulgaria Defeated a World Cup Finalist
The Bulgarian national football team finished 2017 with a victory. In a friendly game played in Lisbon last night, the selection of Peter Hubchev won 1:0 over Saudi Arabia team which secured its participation in the World Cup in Russia, reports sportal.
The only goal of the almost empty stadium "Restello" in the Portuguese capital was scored by the captain Ivelin Popov at the very end of the match. The striker of Spartak (Moscow) scored with his head in the 81st minute after a cross from the left of another player from the Russian Premier League - midfielder of CSKA (Moscow) Georgi Milanov.
For Hubchev it was a 10th match as a national coach after nine in the failed qualifications for the World Cup.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost in the First Round in Geneva
- » Three-Time Formula 1 World Champion Niki Lauda has Died at the Age of 70
- » Police in Sofia with Extraordinary Measures due to the Football Derby between Levski and CSKA
- » Grigor Dimitrov Climbed One Place In The ATP World Rankings
- » Ivet Lalova Took First Place In The 200-Meter Race In Osaka
- » Grigor Dimitrov Won his First Match in Geneva