Tourism Minister: Bulgaria is Becoming more and more Recognizable with its Quality
Bulgaria is increasingly recognized as a destination that offers quality, Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova told sega.
For the first 8 months of the year, the revenues from international tourism in Bulgaria amounted to BGN 5.2 billion, which is almost 11% higher than last year. "The number of foreign tourists who visited our country this year from January to September is 7,500,000, which is 8% growth." Most of the tourists who visit our country, ie over 70% return to it more than once, "the minister said.
According to Angelkova, hiring low-cost workers from Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus is the short-term solution to the shortage of tourism staff. The only long-term option is related to the direct link between the needs of business and education, Angelkova explained.
- » Up to BGN 4.7 Million is the Income from Overnight Stays in Plovdiv
- » The Sun: Bulgaria is the Cheapest Place for a Family Holiday – AND it Costs Less than in 2017
- » Euronews: Bulgaria, an Emerging Tourist Destination
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises 27.2% y/y
- » Increasing Number of Chinese Tourists will Come to Varna
- » Bulgarian Tourists are Among the most Pretentious in the World