Roman Coin Hoard Found by Chance under Tree ‘Confirms’ Existence of Roman Town in Bulgaria’s Mezdra
A coin hoard of Ancient Roman silver coins, which has been discovered by accident in the roots of a large tree in the town of Mezdra in Northwest Bulgaria, according to archaeologists, confirms the previously hypothesized existence of a Roman settlement – outside the already well known fortress “Kaleto” which was also used by the Romans.
Learn more HERE
*Content provided by ArchaeologyinBulgaria.com.
- » Archaeologists Find World's Oldest Bread and were Surprised
- » Thracian Tomb of Sveshtari: Part of the UNESCO World Heritage List
- » Traces of Ancient Civilization were Found in the UK
- » Mexico Earthquake Leads to Discovery of Ancient Temple
- » A Massive, Black Sarcophagus Has Been Unearthed in Egypt, And Nobody Knows Who's Inside
- » Homer Odyssey: Oldest Extract Discovered on Clay Tablet