Yemen Faces the Worst Famine in Decades, Warned the UN
Yemen, who has been subjected to a Saudi Arabian blockade since Monday, faces the worst famine in recent decades, which can take millions of victims, warned UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Mark Lukok, quoted by the France press.
Speaking after a closed session of the Security Council, Lukok told reporters he had requested immediate resumption of humanitarian aid for the Yemeni population, which was interrupted from the beginning of the week.
The UN Security Council has asked Saudi Arabia-led Arab coalition in Yemen to leave open ports and airports in Yemen to be able to deliver humanitarian aid.
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » South Korean Court Sentences President Park to Another Eight Years in Jail
- » Scientists just Found £150,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of Diamonds in the Ground
- » France Closes in on Phone Ban in Schools from September
- » New Technology Allows Ground Telescope to Take Sharper Images Than Hubble
- » Akka Link & Fly Flying Train Concept Looks to Disrupt the Plane Industry