The President Handed the Bulgarian Flag of the New Expedition to Antarctica
"Bulgarian scientists, supported by the state, recognized the immense importance of Antarctica decades ago," said President Rumen Radev in his address to the members of the 26th Bulgarian Antarctic expedition days before the researchers left for the Bulgarian St. Kliment Ohridski Researchers' center on the Livingston Island.
At an official ceremony at the Dondukov Emblem Hall 2, the President praised the scientists for their motivation, courage and dedication and handed over the national flag to the head of the expedition Prof. Hristo Pimpirev.
Our base was founded in 1988, and since 1993 we have a Bulgarian Antarctic Institute, the head of state reminded.
- » More than 144 000 Passengers Have Used Night Transport in Sofia
- » The Price of the Vote for the European Parliament Elections is about 30 Leva
- » 100,000 People Remained without Voting Rights in the Kardzhali Region
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria, in the Afternoon Rain Showers and Thunder in far Western Areas
- » Students will Protest Outside the Bulgarian Ministry of Education due to the State Exam in English
- » Thousands Protested Against Prime Minister Netanyahu in Tel Aviv