Decorated Cups Could be Potentially Harmful
Decorated cups may contain harmful levels of lead and cadmium, UPI reported, citing British scientists.
A team from the University of Plymouth researched 72 new and old decorated glasses for water, wine and beer. 70 percent of these contain lead and cadmium. Lead is in all colors and in gilt, and most cadmium is found in the red enamel, reported 24chasa.
In some of the glass the lead is 1000 times more than allowed. Additionally, flakes are sometimes removed from decorations, indicating that chemicals can be swallowed. Cadmium can cause cancer, bone softening, and kidney problems. Lead can disturb the growth and development of children.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Measures are Expected to be Tightened in Sofia and other Cities
- » Opinion: Are Doctors who Lie about COVID-19 Responsible for their Actions
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Local Measures are being Introduced
- » Bulgaria: How do Children handle COVID-19 and When should we take them to a Doctor
- » A Study: Millions Die due to Antibiotic Resistance
- » Bill Gates: The Coronavirus is a Flower against the Backdrop of Impending Pandemics