Demonstrators in Catalonia Block Highways and Railroads
Participants in a general strike in the Spanish Autonomous Region of Catalonia block highways and railways in local villages. This was announced today by the European Press Agency, TASS reported.
The strike was organized as a protest against the arrest of regional politicians and the issuing of an arrest warrant against the dismissed Catalonia leader Carles Puigdemont and four former ministers. Due to demonstrations in Catalonia, traffic has been hampered or stopped on several dozen different roads.
Participants in local events chant "Freedom".
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry: Three Nature Parks Get BGN 1.5 million Under OPE
- » Bulgarian and French Archaeologists Discovered an Impressive Tomb in Sozopol
- » Moderate Quake in Halkidiki Rattles Northern Greece
- » Bulgarian Regional Minister Explains Green Buildings for a Common Green Future Project
- » 22 Dead as Migrant Truck Crashes in Western Turkey
- » Availability of Organic Products on the Rise in Bulgaria