Jail Sentence for Five for the Preparation of a Terrorist Attack in Sydney
Five people were convicted of preparing a terrorist attack in Sydney, BBC reported.
The plan was thwarted by the New South Wales police in 2014. The suspects have planned attacks on the main police building in Sydney and a prison near Litgow, Focus reports.
The group has acquired weapons and ammunition in preparation for the attacks. Group leader Suleyman Khalid received the maximum sentence of 22 years and six months in prison. The rest, including a minor, were sentenced between 9 to 18 years in prison.
- » 24 People Accused of Online Rumor-Mongering about the Spread of the Coronavirus Arrested in Iran
- » One Tonne of Cocaine Seized in Venezuelan Waters
- » Producer Harvey Weinstein Found Guilty
- » Bulgarian Woman Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Spain
- » 43 Migrants were Found in a Truck in Northern Macedonia
- » The Interior Ministry has no Information on an Investigation by the Spanish Authorities against PM Borissov