Eurostat: 85% of Bulgarians Live in their Own Home
Nearly 85% or more than 8 out of 10 Bulgarians live in their own home, with an average EU indicator of 7 to 10 Europeans, according to a Eurostat analysis of the housing stock in the EU last year, Darik said.
According to statistics, about 54.5% of the population lives in houses and 45.5% are in blocks of flats.
In the EU, about 70% of people own their homes, while 30% are on loan.
- » Housing Prices in Bulgaria have been Rising at the Slowest Pace in Three Years
- » Property Prices in Sofia Fall at the End of the Year
- » Housing Loans in Bulgaria with Strongest Growth from the Beginning of the Year Since 2009
- » Large Investor has Admitted There are Bureaucratic and Market Problems with Home Sales in Sofia
- » The Four Neighborhoods in Sofia, where the Most Homes are Currently Sold
- » Bulgaria's Residential Building Permits Decrease