Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Isner and Dropped off from the Masters in Paris
In an extremely dramatic match in which he almost got the victory, Grigor Dimitrov lost to the American John Isner and thus dropped out of the Masters 1000 series tournament in Paris again in the third round, as in all his previous appearances. Against the tall 2,08 American, whose strongest weapon is the service, Dimitrov lost the first set in 12 games without breaks and tiebreak, which went through many twists to 12:10 points for Isner.
There followed an exchange of games and a tiebreak in which the Bulgarians showed little resistance. So after 2 hours 48 minutes the game ended 2:1 for Isner (7:6 (10), 5:7, 7:6 (3)).
- » Bulgaria Pays Fine to Lift Weightlifting Doping Ban
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia