Trump Urges Death Penalty for NY Suspect
US President Donald Trump has repeated calls for the suspect in the New York truck attack to get the death penalty.
But Mr Trump backed away from his call a day earlier to send Sayfullo Saipov to Guantanamo Bay, saying "that process takes much longer".
The suspect told police he "felt good" about Tuesday's Halloween attack and wanted to kill as many as possible.
The 29-year-old allegedly drove a rented pick-up along a Manhattan bike path, killing eight people.
The victims were five Argentines who had travelled to New York to celebrate 30 years since their high school graduation, a young mother from Belgium and two Americans.
Mr Saipov, an Uzbek immigrant, was shot at the scene by police, according to officials. Investigators say he told them he was inspired by the Islamic State militant group (IS).
- » BDZ Provides Nearly 8,000 Extra Seats For the Holiday Weekend
- » Airbnb Expects to Go Public in 2020
- » France and Germany with a Joint Project for the Production of Batteries for Next-Generation Electric Vehicles
- » Ryanair to Lay Off nearly 700 Employees while the Company's Boss Could Get $ 111 Million Bonus
- » Cybersecurity in China is a Business Worth $ 8.9 billion
- » Wizz Air is the Best Low Cost Airline of the Year According to the European Aviation Awards