Pensioners Spontaneously Started Protesting in Front of the National Assembly
Pensioners went to a spontaneous protest in front of the National Assembly and demanded higher pensions and more decent living conditions. The organizers said the dissatisfaction was spontaneous, but a major national protest was being prepared for November 4th, BNT reports.
The pensioners hope their demands are heard and the MPs comply with them in discussing and adopting the 2018 budget. "Their salaries are thanks to our work ," one of the protesters said.
"I have 8 levs increase, and my pension is now 388 leva. I am an engineer designer and I work for 42 years. For how long? Until I die?" said another elderly woman.
- » Green Libraries in Sofia's South Park
- » Archaeologists Find World's Oldest Bread and were Surprised
- » Sofia Trams 1, 6 and 7 were Temporarily Stopped on "Hristo Botev" Blvd.
- » Ryanair Cancels 600 Flights In Cabin Crew's Most Succesful Strike
- » Windy Today with Rain Showers and Thunder in East Bulgaria
- » The International Film Festival Burgas Starts on July 20 with over 30 Films