Some 3,000 Machines Available For Snow Cleaning
BGN 80 million is earmarked for winter maintenance of the roads, Regional Development Minister Nikolay Nankov told a press conference after a meeting with the Road Infrastructure Agency, FOCUS News Agency reported.
''If some of the money is saved, it will be used for road repairs. The state spends BGN 60 million to BGN 80 million a year on winter maintenance. Nearly 3,000 machines are now available for snow cleaning'', the minister added. The state is completely ready for the winter season, he underlined.
The government is preparing a new methodology for the prices and penalties for the firms hired to clean snow from roads.
- » Bulgaria Parliament Bars Government from Signing Deals on Migrant Readmissions
- » The Bulgarian Customs have Collected nearly BGN 4.6 Billion for the First Half of the Year
- » 1/3 of the Farmers in Bulgaria are over 65 Years of Age
- » BGN 20 Million is the Annual Cost of Street Lighting in Sofia
- » CPC Stops the Deal for "Nova Broadcasting Group"
- » CPC Prohibit "Inercom" from Buying "CEZ Bulgaria"