Brussels is Preparing Cuts of Euro Funding for Countries with High Level of Corruption
Justice Commissioner Vera Jourova said after a visit to Bulgaria late last week that the EU should strongly bind the rule of law with the cohesion funds that the poorest countries in the Union are counting on, reports frognews.
"We need to make better use of EU funds to support the rule of law. In my opinion, we need to think about how to create a strong link between the rule of law and the cohesion funds, "she said in Helsinki, Finland.
The website, which quotes her, suggests that her words are addressed to Poland and Hungary for their refusal to accept migrants assigned to relocation. But she also expressed disappointment with the rule of law in Bulgaria.
"Every time I meet Mr. Tsatsarov, and when I have the opportunity to discuss with him the reform and the work of the prosecutor's office and its structures, I think he gives convincing signs of progress, always when I meet him, I have the impression that everything in Bulgaria is fine, then I see facts, figures and results, and I have doubts about whether everything is really wonderful."
- » A Dog Caught Nearly 200 kg of Heroin at Kapitan Andreevo Border Checkpoint
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
- » Producers of the Famous Bulgarian Rose Protest Because of the Low Purchase Price
- » First Comments from Euroleaders at the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Virtual Reality – The future of European industry at WATIFY: Inspire to Transform
- » The best WATIFY Technological Transformation for 2018 is…