Disrespect for the Chinese Anthem can be Punished by up to 3 Years in Prison
China is considering legislation providing for sentences of up to three years in prison for disregard for the national anthem, the Associated Press and the DPA said, referring to the Chinese state media.
The proposed amendment to the Penal Code was submitted to the Chinese Parliament. Currently, the Penal Code provides punishment for insulting the national flag and symbols. China strictly requires its citizens to respect national symbols, 24chasa reports.
- » Murders Leave Rohingya Camps Gripped by Fear
- » Turkey Says will Respond if US Imposes more Sanctions
- » More than 1,000 Google Workers Protest Censored China Search
- » On Way to Escape to Greece and Bulgaria, 154 People Detained in Edirne so far
- » More than 70 Fall ill in Suspected Mass Overdose near Yale University as Drug Deaths Hit Record High in US
- » At Least 37 Killed as Suicide Attacker targets School in Kabul