The Attorney of Basque Terrorist Group ETA might Defend Puigdemont in Belgium
Catalonia Prime Minister Carles Puigdemont, who was removed from office, met today in Belgium with lawyer Paul Bekaert, who had been defending members of the Basque terrorist organization ETA, Vanguardia said, citing the lawyer himself.
"Yes, I am a lawyer for Carles Puigdemnt," said Bekaert. "If he needs protection, I will represent him." He added that he was well acquainted with the situation in Spain.
"It is possible to seek refuge, but I do not know what the result will be," said the lawyer, stressing that in Belgium the decision on such matters is taken not by the government but by an independent body - the Asylum Commissioner-General.
During the day, messages spread that the head of Catalunya secretly left Spain and sought political asylum. Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel's office did not confirm this information but did not deny it. Spain's prosecution has filed two charges against the expelled members of Catalonia's regional government and some local lawmakers for being involved in a revolt, mutiny, and wasteful use of public funds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia
- » Provocation after Provocation: Macedonians will Block Roads for Bulgarians Heading to Gotse Delchev's Grave
- » Referendum in Bulgaria? Ex-Showman is Gathering Signatures to Change the Republic from Parliamentary to Presidential
- » Bulgarian MEP: The Statement of North Macedonia’s President repeats the Hateful Rhetoric against Bulgaria
- » The Central Election Committee recommends April 2 as the Date for Early Elections in Bulgaria