Bulgaria Leads Pumpkin Production in the EU
Bulgaria is a leader in the European Union for pumpkin production. This became clear from Eurostat data, published before the Halloween holiday.
In 2016 our country produced 133,000 tons of the big vegetable, which is traditionally used to make frightening lanterns. This is a serious increase compared to the previous year, when only 25,200 tons of pumpkins have come out of the country.
In this curious ranking, Spain ranks second with 97,000 tonnes, with 1000 less - 96,000 is France. Germany and Portugal remain far behind in the pumpkin race.
If we also add the non-EU countries but are located on the Old Continent, Bulgaria is losing slightly the first place from Turkey.
An interesting tendency is observed in Romania - while in Bulgaria in recent years pumpkins are becoming more and more, in our northern neighbor they progressively decrease - from nearly 60 000 tonnes 5 years ago to just over 12 000 in 2016.
- » Hundreds of Miles between them but Shropshire and Bulgaria are Closer than you Think
- » Tornado Injured 17 People in the State of Iowa
- » EU Nations Help Sweden as Wildfires Rage Above Arctic Circle
- » At Least 11 Drown as 'Duck Boat' Capsizes in Missouri
- » The Autumn Weather will Remain until the End of July
- » Clouds and Precipitation in Central and Eastern Bulgaria