110 Illegal Migrants were Detained near Edirne
Turkish authorities in Edirne have seized a group of over 100 migrants and refugees in an attempt to illegally cross the border to Bulgaria and Greece, reports BNT.
The group was noticed by gendarmerie teams assigned to border guards, near the villages of Orhanie and Sarakapanar at the Turkish-Bulgarian border and Ipsala on the border with Greece.
Migrants and refugees are of different origins - Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria, Palestine, Iraq, Iran and Paraguay.
All were handed over to the migration authorities in Edirne.
- » Bulgarian Students with 4 Medals from the International Olympiad in Biology
- » Deadly Heatwave Kills People in Japan
- » The Bulgarian Black Sea Coast is Cleaner this Summer According to the Tourist Minister
- » Hundreds of Miles between them but Shropshire and Bulgaria are Closer than you Think
- » Tornado Injured 17 People in the State of Iowa
- » EU Nations Help Sweden as Wildfires Rage Above Arctic Circle