Twitter Banned Ads from Russian Media
The Twitter social network has banned Russia Today (RT) and Sputnik's Russian-language commercials, the BBC reported.
The actions are justified with the US administration's conclusion that the two media have "attempted to influence the US presidential election in 2016 on behalf of the Russian government."
"We did not take this decision lightly, and we take this step as part of our ongoing commitment to protecting the integrity of the Twitter experience," wrote the social network in a blog post, "the accusations against Russian media directly funded by the Kremlin came within the framework of an official US investigation into possible Russian intervention in last year's vote, in which was elected by current President Donald Trump.
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » South Korean Court Sentences President Park to Another Eight Years in Jail
- » Scientists just Found £150,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of Diamonds in the Ground
- » France Closes in on Phone Ban in Schools from September
- » New Technology Allows Ground Telescope to Take Sharper Images Than Hubble
- » Akka Link & Fly Flying Train Concept Looks to Disrupt the Plane Industry