Bulgarian Health Tourism Destinations
Bulgaria offers many destinations suitable for health tourism.
In most resorts nowadays procedures are offered to improve the overall well being of the body, but still there are countries whose natural resources give them an advantage in the industry and Bulgaria is one of them.
One of the most popular procedures in our country is the treatment with mineral water. There are more than 1000 mineral springs scattered around our country, some of which were used for healing in Thracian, Roman and Turkish
Some of the Roman baths and Turkish baths are today the centers of the most famous destinations for health tourism -
Hissar, Velingrad, Sandanski, Pavel Banya, Varshets, Kyustendil and Varna.
However, we must emphasize that each of the mineral water resorts is specialized in the treatment of different
diseases, depending on the chemical composition of the water.
Hisarya, for example, built among the impressive remains of an ancient Roman fortress between Plovdiv and the majestic
Balkan is not accidentally called a "health center".
Its 22 thermal springs are among the most visited by people with kidney and gastroenterological problems.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » 5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
- » The Beds in the 4- and 5-star Hotels in Bulgaria have Increased by 24% for the Period 2014-2017
- » MoT Angelkova: Establishments in Sunny Beach - South Meet the Requirements of the Law
- » Top 10 of the Cheapest All-inclusive Destinations. Among Them is Bulgaria
- » Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?