Storms Caused Transport Chaos in Istanbul and Killed a Person in Romania
Heavy rain blocked Istanbul last night, flooded streets and caused transport chaos, reports BTV. Many planes failed to fly, and others circled above the city for hours before they landed.
Bad weather killed a man in Romania. Two other people suffered from the storm in Bucharest, which knocked down trees and caused material damage.
South and East Romania remain today under yellow code warning for a strong wind. There are ruined roofs, fences and pillars. More than 100 cars have been damaged. The heavy rainfall affected more than 11 counties throughout the country. The ports were closed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria after Flood Disaster: Tons of Urban Waste Clog Rivers across the Country
- » Sozopol Beaches Badly Damaged by Pouring Rains and High Surf
- » Spanish Siberia: Unprecedented Winter Weather Torments Spain
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Rains Cause Rivers to Overflow, Emergency Situation Declared in Tran
- » Scientists: Even the Earth Wanted 2020 to Be over in a Hurry
- » Year 2020 Competes with 2016 as Warmest on Record