Russian Company Ready to Invest in Belene NPP
The Russian company Rosatom is open to the possibility to participate in the financing of the Belene NPP if the project is resumed. This was announced by Vadim Titov, who is the director of Rosatom International Network for Central Europe. He participated in a conference dedicated to nuclear energy in Bulgaria.
Earlier this month, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Energy Minister Temenujka Petkova met representatives of Rosatom. Petkova later commented that the Russian company could be invited as an investor.
Rosatom has various contracts with the Bulgarian side related to Kozloduy NPP as a fuel supply and work to extend the life of the 5th and 6th blocks, "said Vadim Titov, quoted by BNR and Sega Newspaper.
''We expect the Bulgarian government to decide soon the fate of Belene NPP'', he added.
- » The Bulgarian Energy Holding is on its Way to take Commitments in the BEH Gas Case
- » Over 5000 GWh have been Saved in Bulgaria in the 2014-2017 Period
- » Bulgaria Preparing to Open Tender for Offshore Oil, Gas Exploration Permit
- » New Plasma Melting Plant Opens at Bulgaria's Nuclear Power Site
- » Prices Electricity in Romania Drop by about 3.5%
- » The Gas Prices in Bulgaria Rise by 10.8% from July 1