Russia is Considering Freezing its Membership of the European Court of Human Rights
Russia is considering freezing its membership of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) in the Council of Europe and reducing its contribution to this organization, BBC quoted Izvestia.
According to high-ranking sources from the State Duma and the Council of the Federation - the Russian Senate, Moscow plans to cut its contribution to the Council of Europe by 7 to 10 million dollars, which corresponds approximately to the means of the court.
Russia will take this decision if it does not get the right to vote when electing judges in the ECHR.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 130 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Last Bastion in the East may Fall
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: The Macedonian Language will become Official in the EU
- » Day 129 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of shelling Snake Island with Phosphorus Bombs
- » Google will Delete the Location of Women who visited Abortion Clinics in the US
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack