Russia Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny Released From Prison
Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny announced his release from jail Sunday by posting a selfie on Instagram and offering an upbeat account of his time behind bars.
Navalny uploaded a picture of himself leaving the detention center after 20 days in jail, saying he had read 20 books, learned several words in the Kyrgyz language and drunk 80 liters of tea.
"Ready for work," he wrote before announcing a rally in Astrakhan, a southern Russian city on the banks on the River Volga.
- » A Large-Scale Protest of the Opposition Will Take Place in Moscow
- » 26 Independent Candidates Enter the Moscow Parliament
- » Russia Urged Europe to Clarify its Position on the Iranian Nuclear Agreement
- » Vladimir Putin is on a Working Visit to Italy
- » Putin: The EU Has Lost Nearly 5 Times More Than Russia For 5 Years of Sanctions Against It
- » At Least 37 Confirmed Dead After Explosion in Block of Flats in Eastern Russia