Greek Police Arrest Syrian Suspected of Terrorism Overseas
Greek police said they arrested a 32-year old Syrian man suspected of involvement in terrorist acts abroad, Reuters reported.
The man was arrested on Thursday in the northern city of Alexandroupolis and is expected to appear before a state prosecutor on Friday, police said in a statement.
The man had requested asylum in northern Greece. A police official said he was arrested for violating a restriction order imposed after his wife accused him of participating in “terrorist acts”.
“We are investigating his participation, and its extent, in past terrorist acts outside Greece,” police said.
Authorities were also examining photographs found on his mobile phone, the police source said.
- » The EU Is Launching a Lawsuit against the UK for Refusing to Nominate a Commissioner-Designate
- » Donald Tusk: UK Will Become a "Second-Rate Player" after Brexit
- » The EU Is Stepping up its Defense and Security Efforts
- » Erdogan: Turkey Could Suspend EU Membership Talks
- » Belarus Must Abolish the Death Penalty in order to Become a Member of the European Council
- » The European Council to Impose Sanctions over Turkish Drilling Operations near Cyprus