Greek Police Arrest Syrian Suspected of Terrorism Overseas
Greek police said they arrested a 32-year old Syrian man suspected of involvement in terrorist acts abroad, Reuters reported.
The man was arrested on Thursday in the northern city of Alexandroupolis and is expected to appear before a state prosecutor on Friday, police said in a statement.
The man had requested asylum in northern Greece. A police official said he was arrested for violating a restriction order imposed after his wife accused him of participating in “terrorist acts”.
“We are investigating his participation, and its extent, in past terrorist acts outside Greece,” police said.
Authorities were also examining photographs found on his mobile phone, the police source said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Italy: At least 21 Dead after a Bus carrying Tourists fell off an overpass in Venice
- » Poland and the Czech Republic introduce Checks on the Slovak Border
- » The European Commission expects Harmful Emissions in the EU to be Reduced by at least 90% by 2040
- » The EC received Bulgaria's revised Recovery and Sustainability Plan on September 30
- » Former Prime Minister Fico Wins the Elections in Slovakia
- » The European Commission is Skeptical about the Schengen Compensation requested by Romania