Sweden's Top Diplomat Complained of Sexual Harassment
Swedish Foreign Minister Margot Wallström has revealed that she has been subjected to sexual harassment "at the highest political level." Stockholm's first diplomat made the statement by joining the #MeToo social networking campaign, where women share their sexual harassment experience.
"I can confirm that this exists at the highest political level and I have experienced it myself," she told the Swedish news agency TT. Wallström did not specify whether sexual abuse was exercised during a meeting of European officials, as previously reported in a journalist's memoir.
In its words, it is necessary to seek solutions at the legal level and to consider how public attitudes to the problem can be changed.
Wallström, who has been in office since 2014, received a mandate from Prime Minister Stefan Leuven for a "feminist diplomacy" that calls for respect for women's rights as part of Swedish international relations. In 2015, diplomatic relations between Stockholm and Saudi Arabia were frozen after Wallström called the Riyadh authorities a "dictatorship," criticizing mostly the attitude towards women.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev: Bulgaria expects Dialogue with North Macedonia to Lead to Concrete Results
- » Macedonian Media: Bulgaria will not lift the Blockade for Membership of RNM in the EU
- » The United States Welcomes the Clarification of President Radev's Position on Crimea
- » Position of the Bulgarian President regarding Crimea
- » The United States is Deeply Concerned by the Bulgarian President's Statements that Crimea is Russian
- » Polish President ready to Mediate if Bulgaria has a Problem with North Macedonia’s Accession to EU