We Mark the Day of the Bulgarian Doctor
We mark the Day of the Bulgarian Doctor.
Traditionally, the Bulgarian Doctors' Union handed out the Doctor of the Year award.
Among all those who deserve the prizw this year, the medics awarded the maxillofacial surgeon Professor Nikolay Yanev, who performed an impressive surgery.
In the surgery done in Pirogov neurosurgery by Assoc. Prof. Yanev, in a team of over 20 specialists, removed the bone and soft tissues of a patient affected by a tumor. In their place, using microscopic technique, they placed a titanium implant individually made using 3D technology. So the 43-year-old cancer patient received a chance for a fulfilling life.
- » Man Dies of Legionnaires' Disease after Bulgarian Holiday
- » New Outbreak of African Swine Fever in Velingrad Municipality
- » Second Outbreak of African Swine Fever in Alabak State Forest Enterprise
- » Romania Introduces an Additional Fee on Soft Drinks to Reduce Obesity
- » There is a Growing Need For Video Game Addiction Treatment Clinics
- » Scientists: Obesity Doubles the Risk of Cancer