Low ECB Rates an Opportunity to Reform, Draghi Argues
Easy monetary policy gives euro zone governments a window of opportunity to enact the reforms needed to boost growth once interest rates have to rise, European Central Bank President Mario Draghi said on Wednesday, quoted by Reuters.
“ECB research finds no convincing evidence that high interest rates lead to more reforms,” Draghi told a conference in Frankfurt. “In fact, the opposite is more likely to be true: lower rates tend to promote reforms, since they lead to a better macroeconomic environment.”
“With monetary policy being accommodative, we now have a window of opportunity to take these measures,” Draghi added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Council of Ministers: BGN 20 Million Help Per Month for Working Families with Children in Bulgaria
- » NSI: Bulgarians Are Pessimistic About Their Income in the Next 12 Months
- » Record Decline: Euro Zones GDP Shrank by 14.4%
- » Bulgaria: The Ministry of Economy Will Support the Economy with BGN 1.8 Billion
- » LIVE: Bulgarian Government is Allocating BGN 1 Billion for Social and Economic Measures in the Fight Against COVID-19
- » Experts Predict a 21% Increase in Bankruptcies in Bulgaria