Possible 30% Rise in the Prices of Tickets for the Public Transport in Burgas
The municipal carrier in Burgas offers the prices of the tickets and the public transport cards to jump one third from the next month, reports bTV.
With the integrated urban transport project, Burgas has replaced all old buses with new ones. "BGN 35 000 per month are the expenses just for fuel, which we spend more on air conditioners in the summer. When you do not have enough money, you start to save money from anything, at one point you compromise both quality and security, "explained Petko Dragnev, manager of Burgasbus.
The ticket price has not changed since 2010, but electricity and natural gas have risen, the company reports.
The proposal is yet to be discussed and voted by the City Council. "It is better for the municipality of Burgas to manage the high quality of public transport, rather than the company to go bankrupt," commented the municipal councilor Toshko Ivanov.
Discount is only considered for the package for the elderly passengers over 80 years old.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Business Climate in Bulgaria is Deteriorating, Retail is Suffering the Most
- » Bulgaria’s “Kozloduy” NPP reports a record BGN 717.5 Million Profit for the First Nine Months
- » Bansko is Preparing for the Winter Season
- » Two-Way Flight Sofia-Ruse for BGN 60-70 after February 2022
- » Vital Questions to Ask Before Buying Bitcoin
- » Bulgarian Government Negotiations: Health Care Reform is Needed